WIN free LASIK from Dr. Gary R. Tylock!
How to Enter:
Post you video August 9 – September 15, 2012
- Fans of the Tylock Eye Care & LASIK Center Facebook page, and Dallas/Ft Worth residents must post (* or submit) a personal video (no longer than 2 minutes in length) to the Tylock Eye Care & LASIK Center Facebook page wall between the dates of August 9, 2012 and September 15, 2012. The video must contain footage of the contestant telling Tylock Eye Care & LASIK Center and the fan community why they should be the chosen star for the upcoming Reality LASIK video series. Contestants can be as creative as they would like, however, Tylock Eye Care & LASIK Center has the right to remove any content they deem inappropriate for the page and contest. Videos must be uploaded by 5:00 p.m. (CST) September 15, 2012.
Lasik Evaluation September 17 – 28, 2012
- After posting your video, contestant must submit their contact information (full name, phone, email, and mailing address) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The five finalists will then be contacted by Tylock Eye Care & LASIK Center to schedule their free consultation. To qualify for entry, at this consultation, contestants must pass a vision exam by Tylock Eye Care & LASIK Center to ensure they are a candidate for the LASIK procedure. It is up to the contestant to complete this step in the process and the consultation must be completed no later than the close of business (5 p.m. CST) on September 28, 2012.
Voting Process Begins
- Voting starts October 5 & Ends October 17, 2012
- Beginning October 5, 2012, qualified contestants will have their videos tagged at the top of the Tylock Eye Care & LASIK Center Facebook page, at which time qualifying contestants may begin to acquire a minimum of 50 votes (via likes or comments) on their video. The voting will close at noon (CST) Wednesday, October 17, 2012. This is the final step in the qualifying process.
- Thursday 18, 2012
- The **winner will be selected and contacted by Tylock Eye Care & LASIK Center on Thursday, October 18, 2012 to confirm receipt of prize (Free LASIK surgery- a $5,000 value) and be the featured “star” in the Reality LASIK videos. Assuming acceptance, the winner will be announced the following week on the Facebook wall.
- No purchase necessary. A purchase will not improve your chance of winning. The contest begins Thursday, August 8, 2012 and ends at noon (Central) on Wednesday, October 17, 2012. The winner will be determine and approved by Tylock Eye Care & LASIK Center among all qualifying contest entries received by Tylock Eye Care & LASIK Center Vision Correction, whose decision is final. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. In the event of a dispute, all entries received will be considered to be made by the authorized account holder of the Facebook account who posted the winning video. The “authorized account holder” is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned to the Facebook profile. A winner may be requested to provide Tylock Eye Care & LASIK Center with proof he/she is the authorized account holder of the profile associated with the winning entry, along with proof of personal identification.
- The contest is open only to legal residents of the state of Texas, 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Contestants must qualify for LASIK surgery as determined by strict criteria by the doctors of Tylock Eye Care & LASIK Center by a consultation. The consultation must occur and eligibility confirmed by the close of business (5 p.m. (Central) September 28, 2012. Contestants must be available and onsite all day of October TBD, 2012 for the filming of the LASIK reality video, including the pre-op/intraoperative, and post-op sections in order to qualify, and must agree to the use of their image on all Tylock Eye Care & LASIK Center promotional material and videos for distribution where Tylock Eye Care & LASIK Center deems fit. Employees and directors of Tylock LASIK, and the immediate families (parents, children, stepparents, stepchildren, siblings or spouses) and member of the same household of each of the above (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate. Void where prohibited by law.
- Free LASIK surgery by Dr. Gary R. Tylock and the key figure in the Tylock Eye Care & LASIK Center reality video.
Notification of Winner
- Tylock Eye Care & LASIK Center will notify the winner October 18, 2012. If the selected winner is ineligible, does not respond to notification within twenty-four (24) hours of such notification, does not accept the prize or the notification is returned as non-deliverable, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be selected from the remaining eligible entries by Tylock LASIK, whose decision is final. The winner will be required to execute and return a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release, where legal, within three business days following the notification or the prize will be forfeited. The winner will be required to send information via traceable FedEx, UPS or, any form of certified mail, along with winner’s telephone number. Non-compliance with this time period will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- Official rules will be posted on Tylock Eye Care & LASIK Center Blog page http://blog.Tylock.com/ or may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Tylock Eye Care & LASIK Center Facebook Reality Video Contest, 5010 Addison Circle, Addison, TX 75001, Attn: Mackenzie Murray.
- The name of the winner will be posted on Tylock Eye Care & LASIK Center Facebook page at www.facebook.com/TylockEyeCare after October 18, 2012
- Tylock Eye Care & LASIK Center has the right to revise dates and procedures mentioned in these rules. Tylock Eye Care & LASIK Center reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest, to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, defraud or harass any other person or for any other reason Tylock Eye Care & LASIK Center deems a disqualification. Tylock Eye Care & LASIK Center is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information or for any technical or human error which may occur in the process of entries for the Contest. All decisions of Tylock Eye Care & LASIK Center shall be final and binding. The contest is governed by the laws of the State of Texas and the United States. Should there be a conflict between the laws of Texas and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of Texas. Any and all disputes shall be litigated exclusively in the Courts of Dallas County, Texas. By participating, entrants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless Tylock LASIK, its affiliates, promotional/advertising agencies, officers, directors, employees, and agents from any and all damages, costs, expenses, and other liabilities, including damages for personal injury or damage to property, whether the damages are direct or indirect, regardless whether the claim is based on contract, tort, or any other legal theory, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Contest or any portion thereof or the acceptance, use/misuse, or possession of the prize. Further, by participating, you agree to these Official Rules and that the decisions by Tylock Eye Care & LASIK Center are final and binding in all respects. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to Tylock Eye Care & LASIK Center and its agencies to use the winner’s name and/or likeness for the purpose of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By participating in this contest, entrants agree to be bound by these official rules. All taxes, fees, insurance, surcharges, and any other expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- If for any reason, Tylock Eye Care & LASIK Center is not capable of running the contest as planned, Tylock Eye Care & LASIK Center reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the contest. Void where prohibited by law, rule, or regulation. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
- **Winner is responsible for any necessary transportation to and from Tylock Eye Care & LASIK Center in Irving, Texas as well as any necessary local lodging. Winner is also responsible for taxes and all other costs associated with these details for the required consultation and video shoot dates.
- *Contestants who do not have an active Facebook account may also enter the contest by submitting a video via mail. The video must be no longer than 2 minutes and submitted in a wmv.video file on a zip drive and mailed to Tylock Eye Care & LASIK Center Facebook Reality Video Contest, 5010 Addison Circle, Addison, TX 75001, Attn: Mackenzie Murray. Video package must include full name, email, phone number and mailing address of the contestant, and must be received by the close of business, 5:00 p.m. (CST) September 1, 2012. Select and qualifying submissions will be posted on the Tylock Eye Care & LASIK Center Facebook wall and all other rules apply.